Thursday, March 5, 2009

It's Been One Month: Part Three

I'm finally drawing up the physical and emotional strength to finish tell the story of Charli's life and death.

After the accident I went to the hospital and the doctor and everything checked out ok. I was so happy that the accident wasn't worse because I was finally beginning to feel like a mother. However, starting Friday night I began to have severe back and abdominal pain. I was having sharp stabbing pains in my back. Around my abdomen, I was having pains like I had pulled a muscle. I contacted my doctor and he said that would be normal considering the accident and to take Tylenol for the pain every 6 hours. The first few days I tried just taking the Tylenol as needed for severe pain, but it wasn't working. The pain was so bad I really only got up to eat and use the restroom. I was dying to use my heating pad to ease the pain, but the pregnancy book said that I couldn't use it. The only slight relief that I had was from taking a hot shower, but what is twenty minutes out of 24 hours of pain. On Monday, I finally decided to just take it every 6 hours like I was instructed despite how much I wanted to limit the amount of drugs I put in my body. It took until Wednesday night for the medication to really ease my pain. On Thursday, I was feeling well enough to go back to school but right before my second class I began spotting. I left school and went to the doctor's office where he told me that everything was fine. I got to hear her heartbeat and I left his office again feeling grateful that nothing was wrong. I began to think maybe I'm just being paranoid and I shouldn't be concerned about every little thing that doesn't seem normal. However, the next day I was in a great deal of pain again and had to stay in bed all day. That would be the last day that I got to spend with Charli at home.

To be continued.....

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I just found your blog. I'm so sorry for the loss of Charli Jade! I'm glad that you are able to express your feelings by blogging, I truly hope it helps you through your grief. I don't have any words, but i'm here to listen.

    ReplyDelete